View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 11:03 AM   #229
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I heat my garage with one of these:

I had to run a gas line to my detached garage. I dug the trench and a gas fitter did the rest. An electrician had to run electricity to it, and a furnace company had to install all the ducting and hook it up. I was able to hang it myself as it was pretty easy to do when the rafters were exposed before I finished things.

I can't really remember how much everything was, but nothing was crazy expensive, the heater works great and it's amazing to have a heated garage.
I'm seeing these guys will do basically the whole job for under $2K. Pretty reasonable, I think?

http://garageheaterscalgary.ca/

The install isn't what gets me, I'm really just wondering what it'd cost to actually heat for the winter. Seems like it'd be a significant increase in my Enmax bill even if I'm just maintaining the temperature above freezing.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote