View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 01:02 PM   #13
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

The problem with most peoples opinion on who is tradeable for the Flames is not enough stock put into who has cap space and who needs to move guys.

Why would teams pay for Frolik or Stone when teams like the Devils see how many teams need to move guys. We say trade Brodie, then trade Frolik and use the picks to make a run at Johnson from Tampa. Devils were mentioned as interested in Frolik, maybe the Devils would rather cut the Flames out and go for a younger player with more term. Looks like they did this with Gusev.

I got torched for saying this before but if the Flames want to move Frolik their best bet getting it done is some retained salary. Good luck trading him no retained salary when the list of who could be had is long vs who actually can absorb a $4.3 million cap hit.

IMO Flames would be ok to retain $1 mil salary on Frolik. If they did this, they could move Brodie for a player like Toffoli and gain the cap space needed and gain a big right shot forward which is also needed.

IMO this makes more sense than buying out Stone as he would be ok in a depth role. I think he could sub out Kylington as I don't see him as a lock to play 82 games. Also decent injury depth.
Macho0978 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macho0978 For This Useful Post: