View Single Post
Old 06-26-2022, 03:25 PM   #23
TurdFerguson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgar View Post
I've been thinking about upgrading to Sindens. Is the software difficult to configure? Does the border cause issues? Do you have the recoil unit?

I'm so tempted to upgrade to those.
I have 2 of the recoil guns. The recoil is pretty legit. A lot louder and more forceful then i expected, but you can also adjust that in the software. I have only tried them on my Arcade-one PC and it is pretty pre-configured and plug-and-play. The white boarder isn't great but I prefer it to a light-sensor bar like the Aimtracks have. Once you start playing you don't really notice. The cameras seem very accurate and consistent. My cabinet has a black surround, so i don't really run into any issues...if you had a white cab or surround, I can see some problems for the camera in the gun as it relies on that contrast to detect the screen area and size.

The sinden software was really simple for me. Their is a lot you can configure in it but I only really had to adjust the alignment...whole process was 10-minutes start to finish for 2 guns.

I have not tried to set them up with any of my other configurations (Pi, CoinOps, BigBox) but it seems like a pretty supported item across the board now.