View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 01:33 PM   #36
Drunk Uncle
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
He's 35 years old, but he's ridiculously skilled and one of the best pure goal scorers I've ever seen. He's not Jagr old or anything, so it wouldn't be crazy to automatically expect 20 goals and 50+ points from him still.

Bergevin can ask for those pieces all he wants, but clearly he doesn't get the best of trades as you can see from his trade history. A little negotiating on Treliving's part and I could easily see a 1 for 1 trade, Pacioretty for Brodie.

My only issue is that Patches is a LS-LW, so it doesn't really address our lineup problems.

Still, he's a good player that's undervalued the same way Monahan is....because he's quiet.
No disagreement there. I think it'd be a coup to get Brodie for Patches in a 1v1 trade though. His true value is probably closer to somewhere between their want and your proposal.

While a RS-RW would be ideal, I don't mind the LS-LW as much as some others. We need goals above all else and Pacioretty would definitely provide that. I think we have a couple guys (Tkachuk/Bennett) that could play their offside wings effectively enough to fit Pacioretty in the line-up.

Last edited by Drunk Uncle; 06-18-2018 at 02:37 PM.