View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 06:02 PM   #18
CorbeauNoir
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traditional_Ale View Post
Maybe I've had the worst luck in going to Sled Island shows, but it seems every year I give it a chance or two and every single year and every show I've been to I think it is absolutely awful. Like, wretchedly awful. As in, these people have no business operating musical instruments in public awful. Could someone direct me to where the good shows are?
I gotta say I've been all-in with attending SI since 2013 and this year's first round announcements is for me by far the least inspiring list they've put together. The only acts that are even a blip on the radar for me are Fly Pan Am - IMO easily Constellation Records' worst act - and Basinski - whose bald exploitation of 9/11 to promote completely unrelated loop recordings frankly still disgusts me. Chris Ott completely tearing his BS apart is still one of the most satisfying things I've come across on Youtube.

I get there's no accounting for personal taste but in general I've been worried about the state of Sled in recent years. It really feels like the festival's been getting dragged down along with the general negative trends the city at large has been going through. The sheer number of acts stays steady but somehow every year it feels like it's getting smaller and smaller.
CorbeauNoir is offline   Reply With Quote