View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 02:18 PM   #83
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Did they really build him as a bad ass?

One of the biggest differences I think between people who watched the OT as kids in the 80s, and those of us born after 1985 that didn't watch them until we were older is how we see Boba Fett.

Really Boba Fett is mostly just a pushover in those movies, he looked cool, and really his only success was tracking the Falcon to Cloud City (where Vader then did all the real bad ass stuff), and then going out like a chump in Returns.

He has four lines in Empire and none in Returns.

"As you wish."
"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."
"He's no good to me dead."
"Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold."

No real bad ass lines/moments in there to me and really his importance in the OT is completely over exaggerated.

IMO Phasma and Fett are identical. Both look cool but both are mostly irrelevant and completely pushovers when it comes down to their impact on the movie, and both have comedic deaths.

I always thought Bobba was better portrayed as a Bad a$$, even without looking at the Special edition of a new hope. And the lack of lines worked for him. I always thought he was portrayed like that guy in the corner in the old Samuri movements that never really did much, but he let off a aura of menace.

Empire Strikes Back

"No disintegration" directly from Vader to the bounty hunters and Bobba. Kind of makes you think that he's disintegrated his share of targets.

Only real guy on the bad guys side that wasn't afraid to question Vader. You get a sense that most people wouldn't speak up to Vader even if he killed their bounty.

He had two scenes which showed really good intelligence.

Being dumped with the garbage, the fake out and return to take a shot at Luke. He knows his targets.

He named his ship Slave 1, that had to rankle Lando, but Bobba didn't care or apologize.

In return of the Jedi, walking around Jabba's palace like he owned the place. When obvious danger appears, he touches the girl on her cheek like, I got this get ready to see me out of this armor later.

He was never scared, he jumped right into the barge against 3 guys.

Then they killed him.

Now, the one thing that I want to say is that Star Wars fans got a little obsessive about the guy and super elevated him in Lore when he was basically always going to be killed in a easy manner to show how powerful Luke and his friends are.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote