View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 09:05 AM   #22
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
Well I'm a bit annoyed that amazon gift cards don't work with Audible.

Anyway, I signed up with Audible about a year ago and love it. Looks like I purchased/redeemed just under 30 books or free audible originals for the year, but I admittedly quit on about 1/3 of them. I'm fine with that- its a different world from reading a book and takes a while to figure out the genres work for you if even a small percentage of your attention is elsewhere.

I'm utilizing the return feature sparingly, although I am not sure how cautious you need to be on this? Anyone know? Just be honest with returns and Audible wont call you on it? I generally only claim a return if I quit fairly early in the book. Perhaps returned 3 over the year. Used my monthly credits, purchased the 3 credit pack a couple times and purchased a few books individually- although the credit pack seems to be the best option unless you are dealing with books on sale.

Favorite audiobook of the year for me had to be The Pillars of the Earth, and favorite audible original was West Cork.
I have returned a lot of books to Audible. Probably returned twenty last year at least. After one day when I returned several books in one go they did block the feature, but as soon as I contacted customer service they reactivated it for me.

I was using it pretty much the way you describe also, basically only returning a book if I haven't found it enticing enough to listen far into it.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote