View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 09:46 PM   #36
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
Well, yes it's not "boil". My post was a slight jest and jab. I get how it works. I just don't get how long it takes.

Immersion in water to allow for uniform cooking.

But an entire tenderloin in an hour? Hmm... I am intrigued.

Yup, saw those pictures. I was impressed by similar pics. What I really didn't have a good idea was whether I could prepare some of these items in the same speed as regular cooking, or whether it was something I'd have to set aside time like a slow cooker.

To be honest, an hour of cooking wouldn't be bad for meats, I could use that time for bourbon, or dessert and other dish prep.

Honest question, is it as idiot proof as a pressure cooker? The results of sous vide are undeniable, but I have huge concerns regarding my patience and getting hangry. Also, how do you figure out whether the meat is "done"?

Whelp, I am going to get that Anova sous vide then. It seems like most of those that already have given enough evidence for me to believe I will have no such issue with the item.
Its not in the least bit idiot proof, low temp cooking is potentially very dangerous, the food you use has to be very fresh, your food handling has to be sterile and the equipment has to be rock solid reliable (specifically around consistent temperature throughout the bath), there is a huge potential for food poisoning with this technique
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote