View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 03:58 PM   #32
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
My biggest worry with a reboot is the potential for lazy writing. Just take the best parts of the old universe and just redo them, but "edgier".

I'd prefer the new series to be set in the original universe. As long, as the plot wasn't overly dependent on the original series, it could work. Given the amount of time, that's passed since the previous series, that wouldn't be too hard to pull off. They could even do what TNG and TOS did and have it start 100 years after the previous series. This allows you to keep the other shows as cannon but essentially create a new universe.

But yeah, I think it's going to be entirely a reboot. I just hope they don't continuously pull in TNG actors in for cameos via some extra-dimensional transport.
The previous series has too many ridiculous concepts in it's canon it including time cops from the 29th century, Holodeck fantasies, all-powerful god beings, and a single wimpy Starfleet exploration ship that defeated the Borg consistently for 8 years while flying through their home quadrant.

Jettison it all!
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote