View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 08:42 PM   #214
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamesVan View Post
Lots of comments saying it's easy to go back, honest question that I do not know an answer to: can you name someone who has done so? Been drafted C, put on the wing, and then became a successful centreman?

Edit: I just want to add that I personally have been dreaming about a Gaudreau - Monahan - Bennett line from the day Bennett was drafted. But having centre depth... as I'm thinking about this I want him on the wing now with Backlund & Jankowski both being ready and available for 2/3 C.
Don’t know about many (although Seguin played wing in Boston a lot). But there are an uncountable amount of players who have been centres through most of their youth and been moved to the wing at the NHL level. It’s not necessarily an indictment of their play. Saying Bennett might be better on the wing does not equal saying Bennett is bad or even a bad centreman. Just possibly better utilized elsewhere especially if we have someone seemingly better suited positionally to the role (Jankowski).

Bennett may have worked as a centre at lower levels due to his high talent level and speed above that of his peers. But that doesn’t mean he’s best suited as a centreman. I agree with many that think that Bennett’s skill set translates well to the wing.

Last edited by Coach; 10-16-2017 at 08:44 PM.
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Coach For This Useful Post: