View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 08:26 PM   #211
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
The whole C/W argument bugs me because he's a natural C and that's how he got all of his points before. Now we have to move him to W to succeed? It doesn't make any sense.
It's more complicated than that. He actually started in junior on the wing. He was moved to centre in his draft year but early in his draft year scouts wanted him to use his linemates more, he had a tendency to do everything himself. In the NHL arguably one of his best stretches of offensive play came while he was on LW with Backlund and Frolik. So trying to say he's a natural centre is an oversimplification as he played both C and W in junior and the NHL.

From what I've observed he has a lot of attributes that would make him a good winger. Good puckhandling and 1 on 1 skills. Good speed driving down the wing. Tenacious board play. I've seen glimpses of playmaking but he doesn't strike me as a classic playmaking centre at other times. I'm sure he'd make a fine centre longterm but I tend to think Jankowski is more of a natural centre and out of all of our centres I think Bennett would make the best winger.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post: