View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 02:26 PM   #221
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:
Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
I totally get that, but if the government was approached with a pro sports tournament in their province would that move the needle? A summer tournament in the Okanagan, broadcast worldwide, would certainly put it on the map (more so than it already is). Panoramic scenery would be quite the start to a broadcast, and their downtime would be on a boat or golf course.

Players would have a bigger problem catching the clap than covid....not sure if that's a plus but hey. I'm sure half these guys liver there in the summer anyway.
I'm saying that B.C has some pretty significantly bigger fish to fry right now and are still fighting to deal with that. No way the province has any sort of appetite to bring in any extra risk here. Regardless of money. If that was something the meant anything to them Vancouver would be a hub already. The fact it isn't speaks volumes to where things are at here. Hell in Victoria alone the homeless epidemic along with covid has already put this city at critical mass. Where the province has had to buy 4 hotels already on top of the arena and to add extra flavor to that, the OD rate from drugs has spiked devastatingly high. 131 cases yesterday alone. One day.

Zero chance....zero that B.C has any interest in keeping millionaires happy.

EDIT: watching whats going on here and what the B.C government is trying to do about it and what they've done to get things this decent is the primary reason I am on the cancel the season train. Then you watch the sheer stupidity happening in the states and I honestly cannot fathom why anyone is even trying. There are so much more important things to deal with than getting sports back.

Last edited by dammage79; 06-30-2020 at 02:34 PM.
dammage79 is online now   Reply With Quote