View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 12:49 PM   #31
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
What's the best first step to go from weekend warrior type investor to someone who understands markets? I want this to be my new hobby so I can get away from the evils of building things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Yeah, I'm curious about this as well. Do people who invest or play the stock market have any recommendations for online classes?
I hate to be a wet blanket here, but prepare to be disappointed. Good investing isn't incredibly exciting or much of a "hobby". It's a lot of reading and reviewing financial documents or reviewing things like corporate annual reports so that you can decide that you shouldn't invest there. I'm not entirely sure what people think investing is...maybe they have some Wolf of Wall Street ideas or something? I'm not saying that it's not interesting or anything like that (I love it!), but I don't really think it's much of a hobby.

There are a lot of good ideas in this thread though: fly fishing, martial arts, music, learning a language. I guess I would think of these as more "traditional" kinds of hobbies.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote