View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 01:25 PM   #68
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Well, you can pretend that art and media are not influenced by politics and culture if you like. But I think that to do so as an individual would require a rather large amount of foolishness and self-delusion. But that is still individual choice. To do so as a media outlet strikes me as abdicating their responsibility.
I never stated that all video games or films are without political influence. Sometimes the connection is as obvious as it is intentional, and there's nothing wrong with that.

But often times, worlds are created with their own struggles that have no relation to current or recent events beside the fact that they are simply conflicts. Rebels versus the state. Those who have the power versus those who do not.

Regarding journalism itself, I constantly find myself avoiding Kotaku and Polygon because their games coverage often doesn't even talk about the game anymore. They don't get me excited, they make me feel like I've seen it all before.

Easy Allies (formerly GameTrailers) seem to be able to remain apolitical regarding games that aren't inherently political, and I enjoy their passion and coverage far more than the alternatives.

Last edited by Ashasx; 08-02-2018 at 01:53 PM.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote