View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 04:05 PM   #4398
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Guys drafted as scorers who eventually become scorers usually show something by their third full season in the NHL. Never mind star, Bennett is not even an average NHLer at this point. Not even close.

Bennett may well play better if he's moved. But if that happens, it doesn't mean he would have played better if he stayed with the Flames. Change of scenery trades for players of his age and pedigree aren't uncommon. Typically you get another disappointment back, in hopes that the change of scenery works on your end too.

I would say Bennett scoring 18 goals as a 19 year old is showing something. He has also scored several highlight reel goals in his first season.

He has regressed badly when GG forced him to be a C when he wasn’t ready.

I am glad he is on the wing but I would try him with Backs and Fro again. Similar situation with Brodie who has regressed under GG being forced to move to the left side. His backhand was a great asset and now that he doesn’t play his offside he uses it less and has not looked the same as he did under Hartley. I think a new coach could be what both players need.

Sure Bennett may need a change of scenery but his value is so low there is a far better chance the trade doesn’t work out for the Flames. I fire GG before trading Bennett for a 2nd and near bust prospect

Last edited by Vinny01; 11-30-2017 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Spelling
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post: