View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 02:59 PM   #70
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
I found that to be very Coen-esque. Also fit in with some of the over-exaggeration of some of the characters' personalities, especially some of the accents. It felt like I was watching an extension of the film. Cinematography mirrored the movie almost exactly, although there was definitely a darker feel to it.

Really, really liked the premier. I'm interested to see how this develops, as I was certain the hitman (Thornton) character would have been stuck in that town a little longer. Definitely didn't expect the sheriff/chief to get killed off so quickly, and was stunned when Lester clunked his wife. Just so much to throw into a premier and it really makes you hopeful for the rest. Also a large part of the cast yet to introduce, and we only got a sneak peek at the Hanks character right at the end.
I watched it last night, and I totally agree.

Seems like they could have stretched that story over 3-4 episodes and not drawn it out too much. Means they must have a whole lot in store for the rest of the season.