View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 03:33 PM   #310
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigwd View Post
Again, you shouldn't criticize if you don't watch the sport on a regular basis.

BCS is not underfunded and is among the tops in the playing field. BCS doesn't choose which runners to put on a sled.

A race comes down to start, driving and set up. Set up wasn't there these days. It happens because it can be a guessing game. Perhaps the track conditions changed a bit from training. Training results were much different for most sleds.

As of Rissling and De Bruin - they finished pretty much where it was expected.
The only thing I asserted with any certainty was that gear was the deciding factor - something that you, and the CBC analyst seem to agree with.

For why that was, I saw three possibilities, which I laid out. Either someone picked wrong ("the team", i.e. setup), picking right wasn't an option due to resources ("the program"), or picking right wasn't an option due to availability and exclusitivity ("the playing field").

You seem to be saying that issue was runner choice, implying that they had available runners that would've had their sled as fast as the Germans' and USA's. You haven't provided enough support for me to have total confidence in that, but your opinion does lean towards one of the possibilities I stated.

So, I don't really see anything in my post that wasn't fair to say, even accounting for yours.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote