View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 10:59 AM   #496
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg13 View Post
45 points in back to back seasons prior to signing his RFA contract. Mangiapane hasn't exceeded 32 points once yet but warrants more than a million more a year than Lindholm?

Yes outscoring Lindholm in terms of goals but only putting up basically 10% of his assists while playing a less important position.

Let's see where Mangiapane ends up this year but I do expect that shooting percentage to come down and although I know Mangiapane is a much better player than Bouma, look what happened when we signed Bouma after his career year.

I still expect Treliving to sign him in the 4.75-5M range as a RFA.
Mangiapane over his last two years (Combined) has produced at a greater than 40 point pace, as it's unfair to simply say 32 points when it's based on a partial season.

Plus he's on a 66 point pace (56 goals) this year, so it's impossible to know what his cap range will be until you see where he eventually lands this year. No one expects him to keep up this pace, but if he lands on 55 or more points, he'll get more than $5M. How much more depends entirely on his year.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote