View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 10:58 AM   #205
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
We're honestly not assuming that these lines work because it worked in an afternoon game against Ottawa are we?

I'm hopeful, and I agree with those that say you have to make the playoffs first, but that lifeless mess against Dallas in that playoff series.

See where it goes I guess.
The lifeless mess wasn't the lines. The lifeless mess was a result of Dallas adjusting to our breakout and trapping at the blueline, short circuiting Ward's systems, and then the team not making a single adjustment. Winning a series is all about adjusting and finding ways for your talent to be successful. Did Calgary change anything in their approach to their offensive game against Dallas? Did they adjust their defensive strategy when the Dallas defensemen were killing the Flames? A big no to either. Dallas adjusted to Calgary's strategy and neutralized the offensive and then took advantage in Calgary's end. The Flames never made an adjustment and got crushed as a result. It's like running between the tackles and getting shutdown series after series and not trying anything else. When 11 (12) guys are lined up in the line of scrimmage, do something different to force them off the line and maybe open that game back up. Ward kept running inside the tackles guards. That's why we got embarrassed. Not a single adjustment was made other than pugging in the line blender. The lines still ran right into the brick wall between the guards. How this idiot got an extension is a question that people will ponder for generations to come.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post: