Thread: DDPYoga
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 05:05 PM   #89
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J pold View Post
Because Yoga as a practice at its root is a combination of body, mind, and breath. All three together create the practice, if you take away just one aspect away then that’s not yoga. If you want to just take the physical aspects of yoga and do them that’s fine, but it’s like saying I’m going to go play hockey without staking. When you remove a critical aspect of it you aren’t really performing the whole action.

Really what I think it comes down to is insecurity and comfort levels of people. They are fine with doing the poses but when the teacher asks the class to perform a few om’s it’s foreign to them and they get uncomfortable, and instead of embracing the unknown and new they dismiss it as stupid or unimportant because they are insecure. I know because I used to be the guy who thought that way. Finally I just let go of my hang-ups surrounding everything ‘else’ and now my shavasana (the meditative mindful pose) is probably the most difficult and rewarding part of my practice.
Oh please. I get that the meditation part can be important to some people, but yoga without it can be as much a benefit to the physical health of your body as it apparently is to you with it.

Some of us don't 'need' the meditation, and it has nothing to do with insecurities.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post: