View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 06:40 PM   #1184
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hmmmm....

Quote:
Zambrano’s was job-reviewed several times despite having held the job for less than a year. For former CSA president Victor Montagliani, who wanted to have the national-team hire done and dusted before he left the post to focus on his job as the head of CONCACAF, this does tarnish his legacy somewhat.

Some sources had told me that Zambrano was going to set the program behind so badly, that any chance of qualifying for the 2022 World Cup were vanishing, fast.

And, he did go on the record in a one-on-one interview with me before the Christmas holidays about a rather ambitious and expensive plan which would have seen him doing an end-around every technical director in the country.

But, he never once called on FC Edmonton to ask about players. He didn’t make contact with the San Francisco Deltas, even though the team was starting four players who had national-team experience. He didn’t communicate with other coaches in the Canadian program. In fact, for a man who claimed he wanted to take over the scouting process in Canada, there was lots of talk about the teams and players he never bothered to see.
https://the11.ca/worst-kept-secret-i...-from-day-one/

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote