Old 03-23-2024, 07:29 PM   #3193
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Uh... really?

Why?

I mean they're nice looking, good screen, good speakers, great keyboard... but the thermal design is absolute garbage to a point where the hardware specs are basically a lie because it wouldn't be stay cool enough to be able to actually use any of it.
I don't agree with your statement at all. Sounds like someone has never used an M1, M2, or M3 Macbook which is basically the apex of mobile computing TDP at the moment in terms of thermals and performance and battery life. Even my first gen M1 Macbook just destroys the field for anybody who wants to use a laptop form factor. This coming from someone who has a Surface Pro as well as a RTX 3080 gaming laptop at home.

There's no competition outside of the M series for the ergonomics, functionality, ease of use, and sheer battery life. I'll go to work, running at maximum brightness and forget to plug in the laptop for 8+ hours without breaking a sweat. There is never a fan you hear spinning up. It runs ridiculously cool. It plays Baldur's Gate 3 M1 native at high framerate.

Going to back any other laptop, even a high end ASUS, Lenovo, or metal-bodied Surface device just feels hot and clunky in comparison. Even the keyboard shortcuts and trackpad functionality in Windows or even Linux seem awkward now. I still go back to my OLED ultrawide, keyboard mouse, and Windows gaming PC when I'm at home because you still need that for PC gaming...but I'd take the MacBook in a heartbeat for everything else. It's the best work device I've ever had and I can't see myself ever going back.

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 03-23-2024 at 08:07 PM.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote