View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 08:44 AM   #18
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Goalie analysis time. I think Howard will be in net again, and unlike Mrazek he's been very hard to beat lately. The Flames will have to make life miserable for him - bodies in front, shoot for the low rebounds, don't even try to pick the corner clean unless you have no supporting forwards crashing the net and no pass. Jagr's butt in his face, Tkachuk pretending that he's Ginger Ryan Reynolds, etc.

It took a perfect cross-crease one timer and 9 rounds of the shootout to beat the Wings with Bobrovsky completely standing on his head. That game was a goaltending battle if I ever did see one, but Howard looked pretty solid facing the Vezina winner. The start before that, a screen and a goal mouth scramble vs VAN. This is how the Flames need to score on Howard.

Allen was one goalie that was relatively easy to beat if you can figure out his game. He can stop the first shot pretty easy, but bad on scrambles and one timers. He doesn't track the play as well as other goalies, and it showed last game. Howard is far more experienced and technical, has better angles and can track the play better, and the stats from his last few starts show:

.969, 1 GA
.929, 2 GA
.931, 2 GA
.909, 3 GA
.957, 2 GA

Flames will need to remain calm and not frustrated when Howard starts standing on his head, because I have a strong feeling he will.

Last edited by Gaskal; 11-15-2017 at 08:46 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaskal For This Useful Post: