View Single Post
Old 03-19-2023, 07:44 PM   #46
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkyiv View Post
Is this settled, though? I have to say, I've heard people say they doubt this, both in person and media, and I myself am simply unsure how to challenge them. I'm curious to know how you can state that with such certainty.

If you mean that we ought to respect and protect the rights of marginalized people, then yeah. But if some players feel that this promotes an ideology that they don't agree with, why must they? I don't think them refusing to participate in Pride Night communicates that they shouldn't have the same rights as everyone else.
Whether it is genetic or environmental (personally I lean towards nature than nurture), homosexuality isn't a choice. Evangelical Christianity, in particular, is undoubtedly a choice. You say a prayer to accept Jesus into your life and need to choose to be baptized (unlike Catholicism) into the faith. Evangelical Christianity is an ideology - it isn’t just a religion. For evangelicals, homophobia is a feature of their beliefs not a bug.

Showing that you support LGBTQ people is not supporting an ideology. It is showing that you care about your gay friends, teammates, opponents, and fans. Wearing that jersey isn’t ideological. It’s about showing that you care. You don’t have to be a liberal to do that.
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ben voyonsdonc For This Useful Post: