View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 10:21 PM   #63
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I live in Evanston,

It's a drive in - drive out community for sure, so better make sure that's the life style you are looking for. In terms of the area, great access to shopping / entertainment possibly as good as you can get in the suburbs. Pretty much as bad of access as you can get to dining in Calgary, if that's you cup of tea.

Symons Valley / Sage Hill / Nolan hill, I'm not sure I'd want to live that close to the east side of a land fill (just food for thought).

Sage Meadow / Kincora are probably the nicest areas around here, at least at face value.

Evanston, lacking an HOA is a bit of an issue. even new communities like Livingston are kicking the crap out of us in terms of community amenities, but if you have kids Evanston might be the best bet, we already have K-9 catholic (not that people should be propping up a publicly funded school system that exists on the premise of discriminating) and K-4 for public and probably 5-8 in 2-3 years based on the CBEs capital plan). One really nice thing about Evanston if you are looking at detached garage, all of the alleys are paved.

Hidden Valley, this could be my bias but I think a lot of stuff build ~2001 in Calgary, seems to be cheap for lack of another term.

All of this said if there was 1 community I would opt into in the area, it's Panorama. Has the HOA, has the clubhouse, has the schools (right up to grade 12 next year). in the same basic location. They finally built the back exit to Stoney this year, so you can get some houses in the back of the community that used to take 5 minutes to really get moving at rush hours, now going straight onto Stoney .
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to #-3 For This Useful Post: