View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 06:55 PM   #670
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Random View Post
And you already know what those results will be, do you?

Of all the stupid arguments invented by humanity, the argumentum ad futurum is by far the most stupid.

‘I'm right and you're wrong! And my evidence is that the future is going to prove me right, and I know it will because I'm right!’

As another poster has pointed out, Bennett was not even the worst player on the Calgary Flames this year. Last off-season the team picked up several forwards who actually are replacement-level players by the strict definition of the term, and Bennett outperformed all of them.

So you are forced to fall back on evidence that you are sure is coming Real Soon Now™. Give it up.

Some people do it for attention; If they keep arguing the same point over and over people give them more attention. I don't really think they are all that serious about Bennett. The argument, or idea that their point of view is superior to anyone who differs is just attention seeking. I don't consider New Era to be a troll though as he is one of the first guys to give Bennett credit if he has good game. He has a lot of good posts, but unfortunately his takes on Sam Bennett just make him look like he is seeking more attention.

Some of these other posters though posting "Bennett" one liners in the middle of threads have been doing this for awhile. The opportunity to bait and derail a good thread during a Flames win comes from a consistent group of people. Too bad there isn't a way to ban the word Bennett from their posting, this way they would have to post something more thought out or useful.

Last edited by DazzlinDino; 04-16-2021 at 06:57 PM.
DazzlinDino is offline   Reply With Quote