View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 02:29 PM   #1
flamesforcup
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default TJ Brodie appreciation thread

Ill be honest i may be bias since he is my favorite player (right there with Johnny) and has been since the 2015 run. I felt he has been really under appreciated by Flames fans lately and has gotten pretty underrated. With all the new pieces we have like Lindholm and Tkachuk getting the attention right now and Hamilton last year i feel he hasnt got the respect he deserves. His skating is amazing and is one of the few good players Flames actually developed properly from the Iginla era. I remember first seeing him back a few years ago thinking what a smooth skater he is. And dont forget in 2015 when Giordano went down and he almost single handidly carried a top 4 consisting of Engellend, Wideman, and Russel into the playoffs and even won a round. The last couple years have been tough because of personal issues and a system that just wasn't a fit but this year he is coming back into form and looking like 2015 Brodie again. He is a ufa after next year and with 3 rookie defensemen knocking on the door i fear we might be seeing the last year or so of Brodie. I hope he stays but if he goes somewhere else i sure am gonna miss seeing his end to end rushes and amazing passes.
flamesforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to flamesforcup For This Useful Post: