View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 06:26 PM   #274
Psytic
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Is that you Jay Feaster? You want to trade an elite winger on a great contract for a 50 point winger and a bag of magic beans? This place has gone insane.
Its usually the going rate isn't it? 1st, roster player and prospect or in this case three young roster players and you get a younger offensive top pairing D as well to replace Brodie. Star trades usually include futures/ magic beans unless you can find a change of scenery deal. Its not like these are old players either they are still developing. Didn't see that good of offers on HF outside of this one, doesn't seem like Johnny is that hot a ticket to other fan bases.

I have no issues keeping him but I wouldn't mind entertaining something similar as Johnny gets closer to a new contract and if we havent had any success as we probably cant afford him in two years anyway. This way we reset the window a few years build around Chucky, Reinhart, Lindholm and Monahan get some prospects, draft the 1sts and go from there as a mini re-tool. I dont see this team being a legit threat in the next two years but who knows.
Psytic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Psytic For This Useful Post: