View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 01:40 AM   #5
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good thread and appropriate user name. I’d better respond since I live here and have Fire in my name.

This has been so devastating and my heart aches for everyone who has lost a home or a loved one. I’m also amazed and saddened by the dedicated volunteers, some of whom have spent months away from their families and lives on the front lines. Here in Brisbane blue sky only just appeared days ago after 6 weeks of smoke but the rest of the country is still on fire and the scope is unimaginable. Just look at this map of southern NSW. It is insane and this is just part of the country.

Spoiler!

Yeah our PM Morrison makes Trudeau look good. The country is crying out for leadership and getting none. He is a failed ad man who won an election legitimately proposing to do nothing and is finding out the hard way that actually doing nothing but spin and deflection doesn’t go far in an emergency. To make things worse before the handshake dramas he ignored warnings from fire chiefs, made religious freedom his legislative priority, told victims to be inspired by cricket, and took off on a Hawaiian vacation without telling the public. Such a tool. I’m glad to see him internationally embarrassed and hope voters remember this at the next election.

Despite the actions of our so called leaders the dedication of the fire fighters leaves me in awe and proud to be Australian. I really hope things get under control but this could just be the beginning. This is on a scale never seen in recorded history and summer has only just begun with higher temperatures to come.

Last edited by FireGilbert; 01-03-2020 at 01:43 AM.
FireGilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to FireGilbert For This Useful Post: