View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 11:08 PM   #8891
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Civil War was pretty good. Definitely hooks you and keeps you hooked. No idea how realistic how the journalists moved/interacted with the soldiers was but it sure looked legit and impressive.

Probably my only complaint is that it was pretty standard fare, I wasn't surprised by anything, didn't really feel it was trying to say anything different. Or maybe what it was trying to say didn't come across well enough.

Still really well done and worth seeing.
Standard fare? I dunno, the whole idea of this happening on American soil amidst a hypothetical modern day civil ideological divide was profound. There were moments of violence that punched me harder picturing it happening the way it did in the US that I never appreciated happening in coups, modern or otherwise, in eastern countries.

Spoiler!

For me, the separation I would have with a coup or civil war in a second or third world country collapsed. Even as a fiction, like Sliver mentioned, this movie ####ed me up.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote