View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 03:21 PM   #179
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
There's also speculation that Kadri nixed the deal because he misunderstood the situation. Kadri supposedly just had a kid and likely didn't want to move and it's speculation that he refused to waive because he thought it'd be unlikely for the Leafs to find a landing spot for him otherwise. It's speculation he waived to avoid being traded and didn't really consider who was on the list at all. He misread the situation as not waiving = stay in Toronto. He didn't realize not waiving = there's still options for TO to trade him without consulting his opinion.

He doesn't have a full NTC, so the Avs who weren't on his list were able to acquire him no problemo without consulting Kadri.

I think if he could do a do-over with what he knows now, he thinks longer and harder about waiving the NTC. Avs aren't a horrible landing spot for him though.
I'm not sure if there is any evidence that would suggest he would prefer Calgary over Denver. Or vice versa for that matter.

I'm quite certain he fully understood that he could be traded to teams who were not on his NT list.

But if he wanted to stay in Toronto, waiving would get him traded for certain. With not waiving, there was till a chance he could stay.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote