View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 09:31 AM   #1066
stone hands
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermitology View Post
Anyone else read this toilet paper opinion piece?

https://calgaryherald.com/opinion/co...hits-the-ditch

Grinds my gears..
honestly, what is wrong with people? its baffling to me that people have such a hate boner for cycling. the old saying of "rome wasn't built in a day" is pretty apt here. I'm a cyclist, and anecdotally, the #1 reason people i know dont ride bikes to get around isn't because of the winter, its because RIDING A BIKE ON CALGARY ROADS IS TERRIFYING(if you're not used to it).

it's a chicken and egg situation. people dont bike because its scary and need infrastructure to make it less scary. why spend money on infrastructure if nobody uses them. the cycle continues on and on and on because people have no idea that its possible to move and be closer to where you work or find a job closer to where you live(unpopular opinion, i know), and get personally offended if they need to take an extra 3 seconds on their completely voluntary trips to ensure the safety of another human being

it just...makes me sad that so many people think that promoting alternative forms of transportation makes you a red commie bastard who hates freedom and trucks
stone hands is offline   Reply With Quote