View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 04:19 PM   #47
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Zavgorodny for me. Elite hands, elite IQ, works hard and is defensively good. He did not play with Lafreniere much IIRC, so it wasn't like he was padding his stats. His production did slow down some last season, but there is no denying his talent level.

Next up is Sveningsson. Quick forward with strong IQ, great shot, and also defensively sound. Plus playing in a higher league and having a strong season bodes well for him.

Yelesin is probably the next guy for me there. Seems like a 'can do everything well' type of a defencemen, including being able to play a hard-nosed game.

Feuk is probably right after Yelesin. Fast and skilled.

Gillies slides in here for me next.

Not sure where to put Koumontzis. Foo had a better freshman season, and he developed into a top talent in the NCAA. I would have liked to see better numbers out of him so that I can place him ahead of anyone on this list.

Schneider might be the next prospect after Gillies. In fact, I might pick him ahead of Gillies. Schneider has consistently exceeded expectations. I still want to see a full season of AHL time for him splitting starts with someone, but I don't think that's going to happen this year. Just when you think he isn't that great of a goalie prospect, he goes out and has himself a nice run of games.

As for Ruzicka, he has plummeted down my list. He is practically dead to me. Yes, he had a good season last year - especially after being traded. Motivation seems to be an issue for him, and I find a lack of drive to be the death-knell to NHL hopes. If Stockton can find a way to keep him motivated all season, he is going to explode up the charts for me. He has EVERYTHING you hope for in a prospect - skating, size, IQ, the hands, the shot, the playmaking ability - but he lacks that drive (or at least, he seems to). None of those tantalizing strengths matter at all if a player just isn't interested in working hard. Hopefully he proves me wrong, as I otherwise love him as a prospect. Having a tough time figuring out where to slot him in, but I don't think it matters much as I am sure he will be voted-in before i select him.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post: