View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 08:46 AM   #14
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

when I took the coaching certification class, a large part of it was around concussion recognition and protocol.

One think that Boyton did say that really should resonate but doesn't is that its the accumulation of smaller hits that cause a lot of the problems. especially the stuff that comes from outside of your vision cone.

If a person gets caught int the tracks, at least he can prepare for that hit, and if he's lucky prevent it from being as bad as it looks, with fighting its the same, he can see the punch coming.

However its the little nudges a long the boards, or in front of the net that are causing a lot of problems.

In football its the passenger style hits, and the blocks from the side that cause a big chuck of the problems.

I don't know how you can fix those types of hits. With passenger hits its probably easy, but blocks from the side that don't involve head to head contact that are tough to fix.

The concern now is if you go after the smaller hits that can cause damage does it make the game become a penalty filled slog.

If you decide to ringettify hockey and put a 12 inch bubble around players, what does the game become.

Like I said, I don't think its going to matter much, once that first concussion lawsuit comes back with damages it opens a huge door that will probably not only change sports for ever, but really put the pro leagues in a bad position.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote