Swift
Not Taylor

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydorn View Post
Canyon Meadows

Pros:
- Safe/quite
- Great access to Fish Creek Park and Kananaskis (via 22x west).
- Ctrain station

Cons:
- It's pretty boring
- Not a ton of unique restaurants/bars in the area.
- The commute, I grow to hate it a little more each week.

Truth be told I'm eyeing a move in the next 2 years to get back to the Glamorgan/Killarney/Bankview area of the city.
Another Canyon Meadows resident here.

We've got good access to other parts of the city. Go south on Elbow, you're in Fish Creek. North on Elbow is my commute to work. West on Anderson to more of Fish Creek and easy access to 22X as mentioned. East on Anderson to Macleod Trail, SouthCentre, Fish Creek Library and Deerfoot. Also close to Glenmore Park via 24th.

I had actually been thinking about neighbourhoods here recently. On the other side of the pond, a person would always identify themselves as being from a certain neighbourhood. Your whole life you would say you were from that neighbourhood even if you no longer lived there, but that's where you grew up and so that's where you were from. Over here, I can't imagine anybody saying they're from Glamorgan or Whitehorn for example. Is it because people move about here more, or because people drive more here and so your daily life isn't always confined to one particular part of the city, or is it because there is less of a class thing here?
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote