View Single Post
Old 04-12-2022, 11:52 AM   #1053
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASe333 View Post
Anyways point being is that despite all the research we did we couldn't really fathom how different fueling an EV is. Its ridiculously cheap to charge at home overnight so battery is kept 60-80%. Its more important that the EV has good range in my opinion at this point vs fast charging since DC fast charging infrastructure is lacking.
Even where there is infrastructure you point out one of the biggest issues still.. sure the car says it's capable of some level, and the charger says it can deliver some level, but if you're only getting 70kW instead of 150kW the question is WHY, and the technology doesn't tell you.

That should be instantly visible to the consumer. I should know if I'm charging slower because the battery is cold.. or because the charging curve is ramping up.. or because the charger isn't able to provide what it says it can..

Leaving it a mystery makes it very frustrating for people who have to try different things to figure it out themselves. Not many people enjoy debugging their car.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post: