View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 12:56 AM   #7
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think there's an obvious feel that the top 10-15, at the least, are great. Top 5 are absolutely amazing and I think you've need to go hard off the boards in order to not find a good pick if you're in lottery position when you've got Jones, Mackinnon, Drouin, Barkov, and Monahan, most of which I bet would be competitors for #1 picks in years. A similar trend feeling extends to much of the 1st and early into the second, where I think we have about 40-45 players who could really be 1st round possibilities most years. It evens out later, and I really don't see a super "deep" draft where you'll get many Byfuglien-esc surprises late in the draft, but you've got a hell of a 1st and 2nd round. The draft is overall a little better than the norm, but as I just mentioned, I don't think you'll get as huge a draft as 2003.

Where this comes from: I've been a casual scout (for simulation leagues) since about '08-'09 with a bit of a personal favouratism towards players who are two-way (so offensive defencemen or forwards who can play 3 situations) and I've definitely found a lot of players to my liking this year. I haven't seen a year comparable to this, at least while I scouted.