View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 11:32 AM   #3340
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
I think that the cap wont go up until attendance goes up. Also, the league has already proven that it has very little parity in terms of attendance and calibre. That may even indicate that the cap is already to high, as its intent is to make all teams financially feasible and after that competitive.

This league for better or for worse will go only where the worst teams go. I am fine with the cap where it is, if it allows for teams to be stable and inspire expansion.
I think they need more parity in general before they can really push the cap up. You can't have one team run roughshod over everyone else (even if it is the Cavs!) and have that be good for the league in the longer-term. If you're FC Edmonton and trying to sell tickets on a cold Tuesday night to watch your team get worked by the Cavs yet again, it's got to be tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Have you had a chance to talk about finances? Do you know if the team is getting the ROI they expected?
Honestly, if they didn't blow away their ROI expectations this year, the league is doomed. That couldn't have gone any better for them, and they maximized the number of important games and at the perfect times as well! The weather was great for basically every game, and they had a great product.

Add to that that the concession and souvenir spending seemed to be continually rising right through the last game, and they must have turned a profit for the season. If they didn't exceed their expectations then those expectations must have been way too high, or as I mentioned above, this league is doomed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post: