View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 11:06 AM   #2033
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Does that really matter? I'm not just being facetious here, because when we beat Real in the group stages it didn't do much to quiet that kind of talk. If anything it just increased the prognostication. Suddenly Kane was showcasing himself and right in front of RM (because you know, they had no idea who he was until then )

Maybe the silver lining is that Kane and Spurs were so bad this weekend. He couldn't score and was in Smallings pocket, so RM won't be interested. And Poch hasn't won silverware, so they won't be interested in him either.

Unfortunately, for basically everyone, if RM has their sights set on a player it's nearly impossible to resist selling. I think it can be prolonged, and you might be able to holdout, but when the offers are astronomical the clubs just want that cash.
I understand what you're saying, but that was the Group Stage. Everyone who qualifies plays in the Group Stage, we're playing in the Semi-Finals now.

Ultimately yes, when the Spanish clubs come knocking its effectively impossible to keep them at bay.

It kind of reminds me in the NHL of the California teams or the NY Rangers, players want to play there because they're nice places the live, the teams are relatively successful and the tax treatment is nicer and on and on it goes.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: