View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 12:43 PM   #9
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
I'm still a collector. Like you I mostly buy from Amazon, ebay, and sometimes Walmart. Sunrise Records just opened up across Canada, so I'll probably be buying quite a bit from them at least until they go out of business, which likely won't be long. Also, it's amazing what you can find at thrift stores these days since so many people have been getting rid of their collections. Stores like Value Village and Salvation Army have pretty good used movie sections now. There's a used book store here in North Vancouver where I've found some pretty obscure blurays and DVDs over the last couple of years. There's also a store here called Videomatica that has a pretty good selection.

Ever been to Amoeba Records in LA or San Francisco? That place is Disneyland for movie/music collectors. Last time I visited the Hollywood location, I probably spent a good 2 hours in there just browsing and dropped around $200. And they have huge sections for horror and obscure cult stuff as well. You can find pretty much anything there. It's amazing.
Thanks for the recommendations! Next time I'm in Vancouver I will have to check out those places. I have been to Amoeba in LA it was fantastic, I think I spend hours there and bought dozens of films. Unfortunately, there are rumors of even that being torn down: http://abc7.com/business/proposed-28...ywood/2284715/
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote