View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 06:51 PM   #81
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm sure the Raps are checking on Harden specifically because the stars make a difference in the league, and without one, you have a very low chance of success. Very low. Having said that, while I think most agree that Harden isn't the player to help those around him, when a star demands a trade, I guess the Raptors thinking is they can potentially get him at a discount and perhaps they can also treat him well enough that he won't slap you in the face. They do have a recent history with Kawhi where they bent over backwards for him and they were rewarded. And to be frank, if you're getting Harden for a minimal price, I'd be inclined to be fine with it - they'd certainly be better off with him than without. But a tiger like him doesn't change his stripes, and I think Houston will wait to get fair market value and he won't be had for a song. At fair market value where Siakam goes, I'd say no. I'm not opposed to dealing Siakam now - just not for Harden. Now, if it's for Lowry, and 2 1st's, I'd say go for it. But I doubt no other team wouldn't trump that.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post: