View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 08:28 PM   #59
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
One of the bigger issues right now is they have been out-rebounded pretty well in all three games. Not gonna win many games at this level losing the rebound advantage by ~10 a game, unless you are shooting lights out.

Yeah, that's definitely among the many problems. It really comes down to too many one dimensional players hoping to add elements to their game, but truth be told, most will fail and maybe one or two may end up adding a skill. It's one thing to help a few players out in skill development, but when so many are so one dimensional it makes it hard to put a proper lineup together at any given point to put both defence and offence out there. So you have to live with the inconsistency. I guess Nurse and crew realize that and are willing to live with it this year in hopes that someone pulls through, but I think there's realistically gotta be a look at the roster and say, who do you truly want to develop? Siakam you have to live and die with, as with Lowry and Fred, but beyond that in that second tier of guys who may turn out to be very good you have to give time to Anunoby and Thomas. Third tier Flynn, Boucher/Baynes, Davis and Powell. Fourth, pretty much everyone else. Len and Johnson and those guys won't be on the team in the future, so why are they being given so many minutes? I'd argue that Powell has established he'll be completely inconsistent and that's his fate, but understand he's aggressive enough to get minutes, but he's also not part of the future, so why not focus on guys who may be around for a long time? There are too many third tier guys right now and that's the issue - they really have to establish quickly who they want to invest time in and package some of the depth out, because three games in it's apparent there's nobody stepping up aside from Lowry.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post: