View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 09:38 PM   #45
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasi View Post
Kawhi from what I’ve read comes off as just a somewhat jerky introvert. But he still wants the attention and accolades that come with being a superstar but on his own terms. But because of how that seems to gel with many teammates I think that attitude is worse than your typical sports diva. He’s still going to get the preferential treatment others get but he won’t do any team leading or building to smooth that over.
As you start to get to “know” Kawhi from piecing together what those around say, I think this sums up everything. I was listening to a Fan590 interview with Mike James the other day. The former Raptor Mike James who best summed up Kawhi’s attitude when asked if he’s happy in LA. He said something like, “only Kawhi knows that answer and he doesn’t talk about his feelings. You’ll only find out if he leaves”. And started talking how the world class organization of San Antonio and Greg Popovic was somehow able to piss off Kawhi when by all accounts they run a respectable organization. At the time everyone was happy he was a Rap and he certainly did an amazing thing. But when you piece together his quiet selfishness I don’t see the guy in a godlike aura he previously had. More like it’s possible we dodged a bullet because his act would surely be good in small doses and not on a team for a long haul with him quietly demanding special treatment.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote