View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 06:48 PM   #1
TheRealPepman
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default '2018-19 Pacific Division Champions' Banner Quietly Unveiled

The Calgary Flames quietly unveiled their 2018-19 Pacific Division Champions banner last July 25th when the Backstreet Boys performed several of their hit songs at the Saddledome. As a fan of four years, there’s a few issues I’d like to discuss:

1. I’m surprised that they decided to unveil it in this fashion. You know - roll the banner, hang it, and call it a day. I always believed that you have to hang any kind of banner at your home season opener in front of your fans. No longer. (Thanks, CSEC.) Have the Flames always been like this? Take note that I only started cheering for them in the Spring of 2015. When the "2006 NW Division Champions" banner occurred, I wasn’t even into hockey let alone know who Iginla and the Flames are. I lived in the Philippines. It was and still is all about basketball. So it would be nice to know from you guys on the Flames’ stance were hang banners that are not the Stanley Cup.
2. I’m also surprised that the banner design looks dissimilar the previous Pacific Division Champions banners. I would have loved to see the Black C with the old design. The classic white C and the 1994-2000 white C had their exposures with the previous design. Oh wow, what could have been (see pic below).

Thoughts on the banner?

Last edited by TheRealPepman; 09-02-2019 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Original banner pic had an image that's sized too big.
TheRealPepman is offline   Reply With Quote