View Single Post
Old 11-30-2021, 02:12 PM   #64
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just to put it out there, here is the definition of sexual trafficking (CDC webiste - why there? first one that popped up):

Human trafficking occurs when a trafficker exploits an individual with force, fraud, or coercion to make them perform commercial sex or work. Sex trafficking is defined by the Trafficking Victims Protection Act of 2000 “the recruitment, harboring, transportation, provision, obtaining, patronizing, or soliciting of a person for the purpose of a commercial sex act.” It involves the use of force, fraud, or coercion to make an adult engage in commercial sex acts. However, any commercial sexual activity with a minor, even without force, fraud, or coercion, is considered trafficking.

So two things make it sex trafficking:
(1) the use of force, fraud, or coercion to make an adult engage in commercial sex acts.
(2) any commercial sexual activity with a minor - ever.

And while Qanon has certainly adopted the child sex trafficking banner in their fight against the "cabal" (while calling a known sexual harasser and underage voyeur their saviour), the reality is that so many of the sex trafficking that takes place today is the result of prohibitions on prostitution and drug abuse. Things which most Qanon believers would likely not advocate for changes.

The guy was a billionaire, and billionaires do like to rub shoulders with other rich and powerful people - its the nature of the ultra elite. So it makes some sense that a lot of these people would be seen with Epstein - especially politicians who are campaign funding lap dogs.

I think there are probably a significant amount of celebrities/rich/powerful who went to the island for totally innocuous reasons. You think Neve Campbell and John Glenn are heading there for a week of unbridled hedonisms? I can't say beyond a reasonable doubt.

I also certainly believe that some people went down to the island for some unabashed sex games. Did they know that the women were prostitutes? some probably yes, some probably no, some probably willfully blind to their status.

Were all the girls underage? i highly doubt it.

Did the guys know their ages? probably not. most probably assumed they were of age, or most didn't care.

Again, i couldn't beyond a reasonable doubt decide who went down for what reason, who partook in sexual activities, and whether those activities were consensual or with a minor. I could not conclude that these people were aware of any activities that would have met the definition of sex trafficking as listed above.

Now. Do not get me wrong. There are several people who went down to the island to knowingly have sex with underage girls. But which ones? How do you prove that beyond a reasonable doubt?

Sure, Epstein and Maxwell could verbally name them, but it is hard to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that was the case with that alone. You would need receipts - emails/texts/documents that would tie them to the time and place. Or, at the very least some very strong corroborating witnesses.

Now, the other issue is the Weinstein question. How many of these people heard the "rumours" and chose to do nothing? Could they have done something? I mean, its just a rumour? to what extent did these people know?

While not illegal it is certainly something we need to consider in broader society as a whole.

So, will anyone go to prison? no - besides Maxwell. Their may be better evidence that the Feds have, but I will believe it when i see it.

Last edited by Cappy; 11-30-2021 at 02:13 PM. Reason: sorry for the long post - thought it would lead to some interesting discussion
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote