View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 08:40 AM   #19
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Personally, I hate mega threads. There is some value to a "general, ongoing Sam Bennett thread" thread, because when we get to the point of nitpicking every little thing a player does, it's useful to contain that in a thread. But yes, when there's an event that warrants its own discussion, then it should be fine, and encouraged to create a new thread. And if Jiri, or anyone else, feels that the hit on Compher, as an example, warrants its own thread and own discussion, they should be encouraged to start one. If nobody else cares, it will fall off the main page in a day.

That being said, and with respect to Jiri, I think the real issue there is not that he derailed the thread - because you literally cannot derail a general thread about a player by talking about that player - but that he wanted to bang his anti-contact drum without having to face criticism for it. IMO, you don't get to say your piece and the declare any conversation that flows from it to be "off topic" or "disrespectful".
A couple things
- Certainly I'm not afraid of facing criticism for my view. The debate is happy in many threads and I'm happy to continue that conversation
- There are some posters that indeed beat the drum in numerous threads, and given that the debate about hits and fighting is happening in other threads, I didn't want to be one of those posters that takes numerous threads in that directions, after I made my initial point

But I take exception to the notion that I don't what to face criticism for my view, when I have been having the debate, and I would say it a pretty respectful way with several posters, in numerous other threads.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote