View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 08:22 AM   #5
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
I think the mega threads can discourage casual users from participating or being up to date. If you aren't on regularly, it is hard to stay up to date with posts and make sure you haven't missed anything. It can cause people to not post something for fear its been already stated or conversely cause fatas because they didn't see the information a couple pages back.

One thing that is helpful is when people like sureloss start the threads and take the time to update the title and/or original post with developments. I guess if there was a way for you as mods to assist in that when the original poster is not around that might be helpful?

As you certainly know, nuance is key and the best solution is somewhere in the middle. Personally, I do think the thread police are often over aggressive in trying to shut down individual topics. (and I don't mean mods, but regular posters who deride others for new threads) But deciding exactly where to draw the line is tough. I think there is room to swing a bit more in the other direction.

Regardless, hope this is a good debate about the direction of the board and as always, thanks for all you guys do!
I've always thought that unnecessary or potentially duplicate topics sort of take care of themselves as they fall of the main page pretty quickly
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post: