View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 10:22 AM   #67
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
in any case, it's pathetic from La Liga. I always thought the compulsory buyout clauses are designed to give the players a certain level of freedom on the job market ... what good is a buyout clause when the league then can just say "lol, no"?

It's not the league's job to make sure that a club from another league is FFP compliant. Also funny that they say "they don't accept money from a state-backed club", yet they had no problem when three other La Liga players moved to PSG this or last summer (Jese from Real, Berchiche from Sociedad and Krychowiak from Sevilla). Also, they don't seem to have a problem with Malaga being owned by a member of the Qatari royal family and Girona soon being a member of Sheikh Mansours City Football Group. Let's face it, this is La Liga being salty and hurt in their pride because one of the top players is leaving their league and they don't know how to deal with that. Ridiculous.
Exactly!

He had an insane buyout clause because they figured nobody would ever meet it, and then the Qatari Royal Family basically came in and said:

"Hold my beer"

Or whatever it is they drink in Qatar. Presumably not beer.

I dont get it, PSG's compliance with FFP has nothing to do with Barca or La Liga. There was a buyout clause. It was met. End of story.

The rest is just sour grapes from Barca and La Liga.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: