View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 07:54 PM   #13
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

RNH moves to the sunny coast

St Louis Times Picayuune (AP)

With the pre season winding down, St Louis GM Captain Crunch say two key issues. The first was that the team was weak down the Right Side offensively. The second was that the power play was floundering with a 14.29% stat line.

So while the decision to trade RNH was difficult, it was somewhat expected especially with RNH struggling with only 3 assists and a -3 rating in the preason.

In return the Blue's pick up 24 year old Right Wing Sniper Timo Meier who will automatically take a top 6 role on the second line with Tanner Pearson stepping up to the Left Wing Slot and JT Miller Center.

"It was tough to move RNH, he's popular in the locker room and a better person then Pontus Aberg. But we really needed to balance things out and get some offense from the second line"

CaptainCrunch also looked ahead to the second line.

"Miller, Pearson and Meier are all good on the forecheck and they're all good scorers, plus Miller and Pearson are both really good at all ends of the ice which should allow Timo to take some chances"

In terms of the power play going forward.

"Meiers will probably sit on the second unit, but we might try him on the first unit to mix things up. Overall this move also gives us some cost certainty going forward as RNH was at the end of his contract, and Meiers is in the first year of his deal"

This deal also takes a step in fixing the future "A second round pick is a good pick to have going into the draft, and I needed to move a lot of picks to fix this team and give the fans a strong fun product, now we can start looking forward"

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: