View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 04:41 PM   #889
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

OK, I'm hoping someone can give me some advice.

Here's the deal. I have a microsoft surface pro 4, which is basically the only computer I use now. I don't play games on PC anymore. However, when I was a kid, I played The Longest Journey. For its time, it was an absolutely insane narrative experience. Then, following up, I played Dreamfall when it came out back in 2006, which again, at the time, was totally different from anything else in video games, but more importantly, had the worst cliffhanger ending of any game in any series ever made. So eventually they do a kickstarter for Dreamfall:Chapters, and I'm thinking, "okay, I'll play that when it comes out, because I definitely need to see how this all wraps up". Then I forgot about it for a while and never noticed when it came out. Then I went on the steam sale, saw it for $10, and bought it. I'm looking forward to playing it.

Problem: my Microsoft Surface apparently cannot handle it, despite being an i5. I guess whatever graphics solution they used for these cannot stand up to a video game that's about five years old now and wasn't even really top of the food chain when it came out (and it's not even close to being able to - the thing is unplayable, I want to say it's running at 1 fps but that might be being generous).

Now, I don't want to buy a gaming PC or anything of the sort so that I can play a game I bought for ten bucks. But I would like to play it. Anyone have any ideas?
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote